Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New York State Art Teachers Association

Last weekend I had the pleasure of teaching two workshops at the New York State Art Teachers Association (NYSATA) annual conference in Albany, NY. Members come from one of ten school districts in New York State. Every participant seemed excited to have an opportunity to sit back and make art -- something that they watch their students do all the time. There was a lot of creative energy in the classrooms and I was impressed by the level of talent evident in both workshops.

For some reason, not a single photo was taken in my An Artist's Journal workshop -- probably because making and filling a journal in just 2 ½ hours requires a lot of focus. I do have an artsy shot I took of my workshop samples though...


I was able to take a few pics in my painting workshop Background Check. The surfaces were so incredible I wanted a detail shot from each one...



Here is (most of) the talented crew...


Thanks NYSTA for a wonderful experience.

8 comments:

elle said...

Indeed! They are luscious!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

COOL Samples, and HaPPy Faces!

Jackie PN said...

So glad to see these teachers are keeping current and gaining inspiration from such a talented and inspiring artist as yourself,Seth!!

Jo Murray said...

Sounds like they were perfect students. Bet they LOVED it.

Lynda Howells said...

oh how l would love to know how to make those backgrounds ... stunning Seth. :)

VickiRossArt said...

Seth, their results reflect someone who is a great tutor. Their work is stunning, and those patterns so luscious and useable! Or not :) framed as they are.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I am agog over those gorgeous backgrounds, Seth...they have my mouth watering!

rivergardenstudio said...

This work is wonderful Seth, I especially love the books piled with the beautiful beadwork. The New York Art Teachers were SO lucky to have you with them spreading joy and all your amazing ideas!
roxanne