Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Court of Common Pleas


I am continuing to create new mixed media work for Artexpo New York. This art fair, which has been taking place in NYC for 35 consecutive years, will take place from April 4-6 on Pier 94. Over 400 artists and galleries will be exhibiting and more than 17,000 people have already preregistered online to attend.


I will be filling my booth with several different series of artwork with the common element being the inclusion of found objects, often blended with altered hardware and commercial embellishments.

The inspiration behind my most recently completed piece, The Court of Common Pleas, was two identical, antique gold Regal Wreath pendants from A Gilded Life, one of the new line of products from Spellbinders.


Also included are vintage book covers, vintage tintypes, found and altered metal, vintage paper, and fabric fragments -- all mounted on a hand-painted, cradled wood panel.








-------------------------
Please contact me if you are able to attend so that I can provide you with complementary tickets. I will be in booth S210 all three days and hope to see some of you there!

17 comments:

elle said...

Seth, if I was in NYC, I stop by and give you a hug!

Claudine said...

This is amazing, I love it!!

Amante del Papel said...

this is really beautiful!!!

The Creative Beast said...

GORGEOUS art, as always Seth! Good luck with the expo =-)

john said...

Hi Seth. Love what you shared here. Have a wonderful time at the art expo...sell out!

Jo Murray said...

An extraordinary piece, Seth. How I'd love to visit one of your shows.

trish quilty said...

boy would I love to be at your show. Love this art piece Seth.

Aleta said...

what an amazing piece! I swear I love everything you do. your work just keeps getting better and better!

Jackie PN said...

Seth, If I were in the city at that time, you would be first on the list to visit! What a wonderful piece!! So very Fab and I really am digging the title! Best of luck to you!

laura quilligan said...

Good luck Seth at ART EXPO NYC. 17,000 people, wow!
You should do really well.
Best,
Laura
BTW: any plans to do a workshop in Santa Fear or Albuquerque NM?

Kathie Vezzani said...

These are really cool, Seth. Have a good show!

Kathleen Harrington said...

Seth, your work just keeps getting better and better, which seems impossible, but there it is. You are truly gifted. After hearing about your start in art just beginning in 2000, it's even more amazing. Wishing you great success at the expo.

Kathleen Harrington

Heather said...

very awesome Seth, you Rock!!

Darlene said...

What a wonderful piece!!! I wish I had known about the show before my weekend plans had been made. I would have hopped on the LIRR for sure!!!

Teresa said...

Congratulations Seth on the show and i so wish i lived closer so that i could see it!! I am sure it is amazing.

Mary said...

Seth, your artwork is spectacular. Best of luck at the show and I'm sure your hard work will pay off.

Parabolic Muse said...

I hope it was wonderful, Seth!