Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tell All - Chapter 9



Welcome to the 5th edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. The Pulse is a collaborative project that aims to introduce you to new artists, help you get to know familiar faces even more, and allow you access into the creative hearts and minds of a very talented crew of individuals. More than 130 artists have answered a series of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented in a series of online posts which will run every Sunday.

Style File, Techniques & Tools, Master Class, It's Still Life, and Playing Favorites were the first five projects posted and links to all these posts can be found on the sidebar of my blog. The final project from The Pulse #5, Tell All, continues now...


Participants were asked: what is the one thing that you know now that you would have liked to have known when you first started to create art? 
------------------------------------------

Be proud of yourself! At the beginning I was hiding in my studio. I never thought it could have interest for others - until someone proposed me to exhibit. Yes, you art has meaning for people! Lise Hoffman

I feel art is a journey of discovery, revealing of style, techniques, and tools. It continues to build upon itself as each of us matures in our artistic careers, so I have no regrets for not knowing. It is only through our successes, failures, and experimentation that we become who we are. Tracie Lyn Huskamp

Do what makes you happy. Pam McKnight

I would have loved to know that as an artist YOU have the freedom to decide how, where, what your art should be about. Your art is YOUR personal expression and that's the only rule you should follow. Dorit Elisha

I would have liked to have known that I would eventually make my living as an artist. I would have learned sooner to follow my dreams. "Impossible is only a word" - La Nouba, Cirque du Soleil. Holly Dean

Keep it fun. Annie Kerr

There are no rules. Be inspired by something or someone (visually, spiritually or emotionally) and make it your own. Lottie Anderson

I wish, wish, wish, I had realized that I don't need each and every product that comes out. New supplies are akin to sweets; I want it all. But along the way I've learned that I can make some pretty cool art with what's around my home. I'm beginning to seriously destash and figure out what it is that I really use over and over again. Paula Bogdan

I would say that an artistic career builds over a number of years. Be persistent and confident in your skill and talent, mix with other artists, and form a network or group for support. Kim Logan

Nothing actually. I have enjoyed every step of the experiments and discoveries, the good ones and the bad ones. And I think there will always be more to know. Luthien Thye


------------------------------------------
Next Tell All will be posted on Sunday, March 10th

9 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Another fabulous group of links to inspire me. THanks Seth.

Luthien Thye said...

thank you for having me amongst all these wonderful and talented people! xo

ArtPropelled said...

Another enjoyable Sunday browsing .... and pondering.

Lottie Anderson, BFA said...

Time is everything Seth. Thanks for today's responses to your question. It is what I needed to hear.

Chris O'Brien said...

I can relate with so many of the responses, nice to know that. Makes for a happy Sunday!

Mrs Pretzel said...

I love each of these!!

Margaret Godfrey said...

I am enjoying these personal statements about artist's journey.

~*~Patty S said...

so much wisdom and inspiration...thanks to all for sharing!

And thank you Seth for all you do...
oxo

Anonymous said...

thank you so much, seth! i love reading all of the responses -- i can very much relate to many of them. xx